Balkan Mountaineering Union (BMU)
May 12m 2018
1. Opening and welcome
The BMU President Jovica Ugrinovski welcomed the delegates to the 19th BMU General Meeting.
He expressed thanks to the Turkish Mountain Federation (TMF) for the good organisation of the conference.
Welcoming speeches were given by Ersan Basar, president of the Turkish Mountain Federation and by the deputy mayor of Bursa
Approval of the Minute of the General Meeting in Kolasin, Montenegro 2017
The Minute was approved unanimously.
Representatives of all 10 BMU member states were present including the representatives of the observer member (Czech Mountain Association)
The agenda has been approved.
1. Report given by Boris Micic from the Serbian Mountaineering Federation (PSS) for the Balkan Championship in Mountaineering Orientation which took place in Rajac, 6-8 October 2017. Serbian rules for mountaineering orienteering competitions has been adopted with the experience from first IMOC in Slovenia and they are going to be used for the next competitions for the following categories: pioneers, juniors, seniors, veterans (male&female).
2. Boris Micic (PSS): report given about the Open Slovenia-Croatia-Serbia Ice climbing Cup 2017 (PZS, HPS, PSS). 2 years cooperation.
3. Bojan Rotovnik (PZS): BMU mountain huts: project started 2014, prepared by the Alpine Assn of Slovenia, which encompasses 8 countries, 666 huts, 40.000 visitors. It has been moved from Google to be free of charge; website has been improved, 3 different maps included, list of 15 different huts added. Suggestion: each federation would need one editor to update the data and to make promotion of the web site. Scheme of the associations. Inclusion in the project (implementation of the logo to their web page).
Projects & activities
1. Katica Acevska (FPSM): Youth Mountain Festival to be held in Prespa, Macedonia, June 26-30, 2018. General conditions: total number of participants 30 (3 participants from each federation), age: 17-23 and members of the mountain clubs registered in the mountain federation.
2. Jovica Ugrinovski: Balkan Championship in Mountain Orientation 2018 will be organized by FPSM, 5-7 October in Ohrid, Macedonia. (The program to be announced in BMU Magazine)
3. Boris Micic (PSS): BMU Mt. Blanc Expedition 2018 has been canceled. New proposition: Dufourspitze & Grand Paradiso, July 27-August 5, 2018. Price 400/450 EU. The organizer: Mountaineering Association of Serbia (PSS) and Mountaineering club “Pobeda” – Belgrade. Responsible guide leader: Matković Vladislav. Other guides: Stepanović Zoran, Kovljenić Zoran; Contact and detailed informations :
Vladislav Matković +381(0)63/329450, e-mail:
Zoran Stepanović +381(0)64/6125983 e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Zivko Temelkovski (FPSM) BMU expedition 2019:
Proposal A: Aconcagua, Argentina. January 27-February 21, 2019. Deadline registration November 1. Price 2100EU + air ticket
Proposal B: Kazbek, organized by the TMF (with the possibility of summiting Ararat)
5. Bojan Rotovnik (PZS): Climbing Instructors seminar fall 2018 Paklenica postponed due to low interest (only candidates from Macedonia applied). Suggestion: HPS to send their instructors to Macedonia. In the meantime BiH, Slovenia and Albania expressed their interest. No date settled yet. Approximate cost: 34 EU per person.
6. Joze Rovan (PZS) presentation of the new map of the Slovenian Mountain Bike Route, 1800 km long, devided into 41 stages+GPS tracks, with 109 control points, visit of 60 mountain huts. Official opening 18.06.2016.
7. Jan Bloudek (CHS) Erasmus + project: Climbing for everybody (encompassing 6 countries: Slovenia, Croatia, Italy, Czechia, Hungary, Slovakia, Slovenia). ). Encourage people to take active part in sport activities related to climbing and all kind of mountain sports. Next mountaineering week: September 2018, Aosta, Italy.
8. Zornitsa Radonova (BTS): presented the stamps for the project Ten Balkan Peaks
Conclusion: Stamps represent something new that was not discussed before.
Bojan Rotovnik: Some data in the stamps are not correct. BTS have to send the draft of the booklet in PDF format to each member federation.
1. Jan Bloudek (CHS): presentation of EUMA. BMU-EUMA relationship (During the Munich EUMA founding assembly 25 November 2017 Bloudek & Rotovnik were elected members of the presidium). EUMA seat: Brussels, Office seat: Munich for the one year period. President Germany. (Presidency country members: Czechia, Slovenia, Austria, Spain, Germany). Each BMU federation has its representative in EUMA.
Jovica Ugrinovski: need of increasing the mountaineering level of some countries and opening the door for the funds coming from EU. Different regional groups to become members of EUMA as associated members (300 EU membership fee)
2. Boris Micic (ERA): New ERA strategy (50 anniversary next year). Proposal: BMU-ERA regional meeting to take place in Macedonia.
3. Bojan Rotovnik (PZS): UIAA meeting 2017 Shiraz, Iran. The membership fee is too high. It has to be decreased. The fee has to be paid according to the number of members of each assn. (UIAA total number:57000 members). Jovica Ugrinovski: more than 50 percent of UIAA costs go to the office costs. Suggestion for the next meeting in Mongolia: sending the proxy votes.
4. Jan Bloudek (CHS): Norway grants for regional cooperation (Erasmus project). Open call.
BMU meeting 2019 (election meeting and the celebration of the 20th anniversary) will take place in Albania (according to the BMU Statute the executive board will decide about the election rules)
The next BMU meetings: 2020 Check Republic, 2021 Slovenia
Certificates of attendance had been distributed
Closing speeches has been given by the director of Youth and Sport Association of Turkey and the Director of the sport clubs of Bursa.
The BMU President Mr. Ugrinovski officially closed the meeting and thanked all the participants for a good atmosphere and their cooperation.
During the evening gala dinner Plaque of appreciation has been presented to the ex BMU board member Mr. Alladin Karaga.
Katica Garoska Acevska/Jovica Ugrinovski