The European Ramblers‘ Association (ERA) is setting up in 2014 for the fourth consecutive year its contest Eco Award (total prize money € 3.000). Organisations and/or persons who engage themselves in an exemplary way in issues regarding environmental protection and walking can be nominated for the Eco Award. This can for instance be by looking after hiking trails or by organizing events related to walking and environment protection. Most probably, you know of such organisations or/and persons that have deserved acknowledgement and thanks for their activities, for instance for:
- Creation of walking trails in sensitive areas in such a way that visitors are guided and impairments avoided.
- Support and care of walking trails in sensitive areas considering the conservation of worthy fauna and flora.
- Acquisition and/or care meeting nature conservation of terrain left and right of walking trails passing through reserves.
- Organisation of events which explicitly consider environmental issues.
- Environmental protection in club houses by using food and beverages from the region.
- Use of public instead of private transport when organizing walks with groups – conscious setting-up of walking routes starting and ending at public transport facilities.
Organisations or/and persons who make examplary work in these fields should be nominated for the Eco Award. Own applications are possible. Please make this little effort: it takes only one hour of work to fill out the entry form!
And remember: everybody, clubs, institutions or authorities – and the people behind them – every now and then likes to hear a thank you. The Eco Award of the European Ramblers‘ Association is a very valuable way to say thank you! Therefore, nominate environmentalists who merit it for the Eco Award 2014!
For more information and application form www.era-ewv-ferp.com