An Invitation to international camp “Bundeslager” in 2015
The Deutsche Wanderjugend cordially invites you to the international Bundeslager taking place in early August 2015 in central Germany. Together, we will spend a week with many possibilities for excursions, hiking and sightseeing. The campground is located on the edge of the Reinhardswald (Forest). Located in the southern Weser Highlands, it is one of the largest forested areas in all of Germany and also one of the most sparsely populated. A part of the forest here comprises old growth oak and beech. Located nearby is the famous wildlife park as well as the Sababurg Castle, which inspired the legend of sleeping beauty. Not far from the camp are the Werra, Fulda and Weser rivers, providing an ideal environment for boating, canoeing and cycling.
We are happy to introduce the Deutsche Wanderjugend to you and extend you the opportunity to introduce yourselves. Most important you will experience the diversity of the European Wanderjugend. We encourage you to bring something of your other hobbies not necessarily related to hiking that you can share with the other camp participants. Be it some special craft product, traditional songs or dances , handicrafts, sports or games – the Bundeslager 2015 provides you the opportunity to share your traditions and culture with others in this very international group. And of course, you will experience the activities, traditions and cultures of other regions.
Here are the basic fact you need to know :
- Location: Immenhausen am Reinhardswald, located within the Kassel, Göttingen, Paderborn triangle.
- How to get there: By train one travels via the long-distance (ICE) station “Kassel –Wilhelmshöhe” then with regional trains to the Immenhausen station. By car, the campground is close to the Autobahn A7 and A44.
- Dates: Activities are planned from Saturday, August 1, 2015 until then end of the day, Sunday, August 9, 2015 . Early arrival is possible on 27 July 2015 for those helping with setting up; likewise, arrangements for late departure on 14 August 2015 can be made for those helping in the breakdown and cleaning up of the site.
- Costs: The costs will not be more than 160 euros per person and will cover overnight costs, meals and the activity program. We have applied for funding that would reduce participant costs below this value. These funds are particularly aimed at reducing costs of foreign participants. Please bring your own tents.
- Minimum Age: You must be 8 years of age or older.
- The organizer is the German Wanderjugend e.V. in association with the German Gebirgs- und Wandervereine e.V.
- Anyone interested may simply send an E-mail to the following address : Camp@wanderjugend.de. The E-Mail should be written in German or English and include the following points:
- The group name and place of origin
- The name of the group leader and his or her contact information
- The approximate age range of the group
- The approximate size of the group
We will then send you the detailed application materials (request German or English).
Details of the program will follow in autumn 2014.
We look forward to getting many applications from the hiking youth of Europe and to welcoming you to the Bundeslager 2015.