MACEDONIAN MOUNTAIN SPORT FEDERATION
* YOUTH COMMISSION *
INTERNATIONAL YOUTH TREKKING and CLIMBING CAMP
GORNA BELICA and OHRID LAKE (Struga), Republic of MACEDONIA
20-24 August 2014
The main goal of this youth climbing and trekking camp is to invite climbers to come to Macedonia, to hike through a monument of nature, a national park and to swim in the beautiful Ohrid Lake, while they can also climb and trek in its vicinity. The camp offers climbing in the mystic canyon of “Zli Dol”, trekking to the Jablanica mountain and Galichicapeak (2540m) and swimming in the pearly lake.
Date: 20 – 24 August 2014
Place: v. Gorna Belica and Ohrid Lake ( under protection of UNESCO).
Accommodation: v. Gorna Belica mountain hut. Optional, sleeping in tents. Organiser will provide the tents. 2 people per tent.
Food: All meals and lunch packs are provided by the event organiser.
Participants: Young people, age 18-26. Participants should be able to hike 5 ours per day, up to 2.500 m.
We will be offering places to maximum of 3 participants per country federation.
Participants younger than the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult hiker, who would be able to look after them during this event.
Equipment: Sport attire for trekking, climbing harness, climbing shoes, sun glasses, head torch, water bottles
Recommended: Sun protection, personal medication…
Insurance: Participants should get themselves insurance for accident, rescue, third party liability and travel which is valid for participating in the programme of climbing and trekking. It should be presented to the organisers upon arrival.
Price: GOOD MOOD AND SMILE per participant, payable on arrival to the organiser. Transportation, accommodation, full board, guiding and organisational costs included.
Registration deadline: 13 of August 2014.
Meeting point: SKOPJE and Matka Mountain hut, sport climbing center near Skopje (9 km.). Registration desk for all participants will be in Matka, open on 20th of August, until 15.00h.
Event organisers: Macedonian Mountain Sport Federation – Goran Tintoski mountain guide
Phone. +389 70 350 342 and +389 70 777 043
About UIAA Global Youth Summit events:
- These events are a great opportunity to meet a varied group of young hikers from home and abroad, and make new friends, as well as exchange hiking techniques.
- During the event we will also share knowledge (demonstrations, lectures and experience) of mountaineering.
- You will also get a great insight into the Macedonian mountaineering traditions and ethics.
- In the event, the camp will provide a platform for international debate and discussion on current topics concerning hiking worldwide. Also we will have a demonstration of some movies and pictures made by Macedonian mountaineers.
Wednesday, 20 th of August 2014
- Arrival of the participants – transport from the airport provided by bus or car. (Confirmation and arrival times of participants needed)
- 09:00 – 13:00h Trekking route: The Holy Virgin Monastery – St. Nedela church – St. Andrew or Visit of the Vrelo cave by boat.
- 14:00h – Lunch in mountain hut Matka
- Confirmation of registration
- 15:00h – Departure for Upper Belica
- Accommodation Upper Belica mountain hut
- 20:00h – Dinner
- Meeting – Introduction of the participants and presentation to activities, BMU Organization, Getting acquainted with youth organization within BMU members, Presentation of programme for YML, Lecture on organizing a mountaineering action.
Thursday, 21 th of August 2014
- 08:00-09:00h Breakfast
08:00 – 10:00h Preparation and lecture on mountaineering
10:00 – 14:00h Crn Kamen – Vevchani (sightseeing and snack) monument of nature
17:00 – 18:30 Vevchani – Upper Belica
20:00h – dinner
Recapturing the day and orientation in nature
Friday, 22nd of August 2014
- 07:00-08:00h Breakfast
- 08:00h – Preparation and lecture on mapping a mountaineering trail
- 10:00h – Departure for village of Radozhda for practical training of orientation in nature, Cultural and mountaineering trail to Kalishta. Continuing to Struga, sightseeing and …Possibility for water sports.
- 15:00 – Lunch
- Ohrid, sightseeing and relaxation. Possibility for water sports
- 20:00h – dinner.
- Recapturing the day and lecture on camp organization and preparation
Saturday, 23th of August 2014
- 07:00 – 08:00h Breakfast
- 09:00h – Trekking to the Galichica Top (hike through Galicica national park, peak Magaro – 2,254 m., lunch package)
- 17:00h – climbing and swimming
- 20:00 – Barbecue
- Debate – discussion on the previous day’s activities – new skills learned, bigger (newer) experience, rock climbing level
Sunday, 24th of August 2014
- 08:00-:00h Breakfast
- 09:00h – climbing and swimming
- Lunch and back in..
- 15.00h – Skopje and see you next year!
REGISTRATION FORM: firstname.lastname@example.org